Hello everybody, my name is Schlangan, nice to meet you !
I won't say many things, I just like coding as a hobby, hence here I am creating a game and working on a software to help with RPG Maker character generation.
If you wish to donate a little bit, feel free to use the Donate button below through PayPal. Thanks in advance !
As we know, RPG Maker MV brought in a nice character editor. However, adding new assets is somewhat challenging if you don't know exactly how the numbering of items is made. Even by knowing it, it is annoying to deal with a specific naming of files in order to make sure to not mess up everything. Also, there is no option for the addition of new colors, only gimmicks to replace the current gradients.
After thinking about it for a while, and seeing as no specific project has been achieved on this topic yet, I decided to give it a go. I'm currently coding an extended version of the character generator, currently for Microsoft Windows operating system though. The first release of the editor is completed. But, please note that this is a alpha version, so several bugs probably exist. I'm counting on you guys to find them so I can fix that as soon as possible !
If you need help with the generator, I suggest you to read the RPG Maker MV Extended Generator Tutorials.
For further information on the advancement of this project, here is the changelog of the current version :
- Addition : Resources can now be edited : changing/adding/removing pictures/mask colors. It can be used to add pictures to existing resources for new templates.
- Addition : Kid resources can now be imported from the default MV generator folder.
- Addition : When importing a MV-like resource folder, you can also import new template resources if their folder name is the key of your template.
- Addition : When importing a MV-like resource folder, new template resources will merge with existing resources. (It also works with RPG maker default resources provided that the importation name is "Generator" or "Kadokawa".
- Addition : New option for managing templates : you can now rename them, change their parts and drawing orders. You can also move them, while being protected from overlap.
- Change : The default RPG resources will now have the prefix "Kadokawa" when being imported.
- Fix : The generator won't crash anymore if there are no resources in for a Part.
- Fix : The Replace button will not be enabled anymore if the character is empty.
- Fix : When deleting resources, the files in the Resource folder are now properly deleted.
- Fix : The About window won't crash anymore if it is opened several times in a row.
- Fix : Position errors while exporting pictures with a small windows size have been removed.
- Fix : Added safety checks to prevent crashing while importing MV's folder, if somthing has been altered. Wrongly named files/folders will now be skipped.
For more information and discussion, please go to the official RPG Maker Web forums, where the software is discussed :
- Official topic for the generator