Hello everybody, my name is Schlangan, nice to meet you !
I won't say many things, I just like coding as a hobby, hence here I am creating a game and working on a software to help with RPG Maker character generation.
If you wish to donate a little bit, feel free to use the Donate button below through PayPal. Thanks in advance !
As we know, RPG Maker MV brought in a nice character editor. However, adding new assets is somewhat challenging if you don't know exactly how the numbering of items is made. Even by knowing it, it is annoying to deal with a specific naming of files in order to make sure to not mess up everything. Also, there is no option for the addition of new colors, only gimmicks to replace the current gradients.
After thinking about it for a while, and seeing as no specific project has been achieved on this topic yet, I decided to give it a go. I'm currently coding an extended version of the character generator, currently for Microsoft Windows operating system though. The first release of the editor is completed. But, please note that this is a alpha version, so several bugs probably exist. I'm counting on you guys to find them so I can fix that as soon as possible !
If you need help with the generator, I suggest you to read the RPG Maker MV Extended Generator Tutorials.
The generator has been completely rewritten! Here is a list of the major changes since the last version.
- Change : Rework of the main UI
- Change : Rework of the database windows
- Change : Rework of the way the database works
- Addition : Resources have now tags for filters on the main window
- Addition : A resource can have several categories/authors
- Addition : Categories for colors
- Addition : Undo/Redo
- Addition : Character sets
- Addition : Randomization rules
- Addition : Recent files
- Addition : Gradient parameterization
- Addition : RPG Maker MV JSON character importation
- Fix : Export window snap points
- Fix : Index out of bounds
- Fix : Dead files remaining in folders
- Fix : Many other crashes due to the new code
For more information and discussion, please go to the official RPG Maker Web forums, where the software is discussed :
- Official topic for the generator